Wilderness aurora photo adventure
- Duration: 225 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Abisko
- Product code: WILD
Wilderness aurora photo adventureThe tour begins at Abisko.net where your guide will provide you with a high quality DSLR camera, overalls, headlamp and all of the information needed to prepare you for the evenings adventure. After a brief description of how to use your camera your guide will lead you to one of our beautiful snowmobile driven sleighs and help you on board and prepare you for the nights adventure.
We have several different locations sprinkled throughout the Abisko valley. Depending upon which location we visit on the night of your adventure we may travel through ancient Arctic birch forests or across the surface of frozen Arctic lakes all while enjoying incredible mountain vistas in the distance before arriving at our exclusive location – One of Lights Over Lapland’s wilderness camps.
Our beautiful outposts are in the most scenic locations in the Abisko valley with incredible views in every direction and wide open vistas to the north – the heart of the northern lights.
Our fantastic locations allow our guests access to one of the darkest areas in Abisko which means you will have a great opportunity to see and photograph the northern lights in the area surrounding Abisko National Park.
When: December - March
Where: Abisko, Sweden
Meeting place: Abisko.net
Time: 7:45 PM – 11:30 PM
Upon arrival your guide will help you set up your camera, and help you capture unforgettable images of the northern lights dancing above the Abisko Mountain Range, Lake Torneträsk and all of the other spectacular scenery visible from our wilderness camp. While your professional photography guide helps you make the most of your camera, a professionally trained Arctic guide from our partners at Activities in Abisko will prepare a glowing fire inside of our shelter giving you an opportunity to go inside and warm up while waiting for the northern lights to make the first appearance of the evening. Our guides carry lights with them to illuminate our teepees and yurts to create a beautiful glow that helps create cozy scenes even on nights with less than ideal weather conditions. As the evening continues your guide will serve you a light snack and a steaming mug of our delicious lingonberry juice. The combination of our locally produced lingonberry juice and the magical dance of the northern lights is more than enough to warm your body and soul even on the coldest of Arctic nights!
Good to know:
- This incredibly exclusive adventure is strictly limited to 10 guests per trip and includes two highly trained leaders – one professional photographer and one professional Arctic guide.
- Lights Over Lapland is the only photography tour operator in Abisko to go to the expense of including two guides for your adventure in the Abisko valley. We believe that this service is crucial when traveling into the wilderness as it provides our guests with the highest levels of service and safety. This spectacular adventure has a ratio of one guide to five guests making this trip the most exclusive photography adventure in Abisko!
- We ask that you provide your own SD memory cards to be used in our cameras. We recommend a minimum four gigabytes of storage space. Memory cards are also available for purchase if needed (16 GB: 200 SEK).
- It is important that you bring warm clothes to wear under the overalls we provide you and warm insulated winter boots. Heavy duty arctic boots are available to rent during our tours.
- Minimum age: 10 years old (children under 15 years old will need to share a camera with their parent).
- Is this trip fully booked on the night you want to visit us? Our Nightly Aurora Photo Tour is often available when the Wilderness Aurora Photo Adventure is not. Take a look here
Camera, tripod, backpack, warm overall, head lamp, warm drink, guiding services, snowmobile sled ride and approximately 3 hours of searching for and photographing the aurora.
PICK UP INFORMATION
Round trip transfer from STF Abisko Turiststation is now included for no additional charge! This represents a value of 195 SEK/person.
If you are staying in Björkliden, you can add a round trip transfer to your booking for an extra charge of 100 SEK/person. The standard cost for this transfer service is 295 SEK/person!
Pick up times
STF Abisko Turiststation: 7:30 PM
All hotels in Björkliden: 7:15 PM
If you are staying at any other hotel in Abisko you are within walking distance of the starting piont.
- Meeting time 7:45 PM in the little activities hut located between the Abisko Mountain Lodge and Abisko.net in Abisko Östra (Lapportsvägen 35, 98107 Abisko). Return time approximately 11:30 PM.